Fraudulent incidents will always come unnoticed. So, it must always be kept on mind that prevention is better than cure.
How to sell safely online?
- Always meet the buyer or seller at a public place.
- Unbox the product in front of delivery personnel or make an unboxing video always.
- Look out for authentic sellers.
- Ask for VIN, warranty cards and other necessary papers while dealing with electronics goods.
- Provide as many details of your goods as possible.
- List only those features in your ad that your particular product meets, to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Clearly mention return or replacement policy.
- Do not mention any banking related details like pin, account no. Etc
How to take care of the safety of your account barterofgoods.com?
- Keep your account details to yourself. Do not share them with anyone.
- Follow the instructions provided while setting up your password (6-8character alpha-numeric password)
- Keep your cookies on. In case you notice of any unusual activity in your account, change your password immediately.
- Always use virtual keyboard while inputting any account related data
What should you do if you suspect someone to be fraudulent buyer or seller?
- In case if you suspect anyone acting fraudulently, visit the “contact us” option of the site at the soonest and file a complaint. Our customer service representative will look into the matter immediately.
- We also request you to notify the Police (cyber-crime or local station) immediately in case you have been a victim of fraud.
How to take special care?
- Be careful if the price of the product is clearly undervalued.
- Be careful when you are entering into a transaction with the user whose account was found recently on the barterofgoods site or when it is written in a way that seems like a template or automatically translated.
- In the case of ads from "Free" category do not transfer money before shipment.
What should I do if I suspect someone to be fraudulent buyer or seller?
- Please contact the Legal Issues department of the site, if you suspect someone to be acting fraudulently on barterofgoods.
- We also urge you to notify the Police immediately if you have been a victim of fraud.
- You must also report fraudulent activity that occurs on your card or bank account to be eligible for their fraud liability protection.